Monday, January 7, 2013

The Storm Of Heart Break

Dark clouds cover over the scape of the mind, lightning flashes and the boom of thunder echoes. Waves toss, threatening to drown, ridges of the heart start to fall down. The Sea of Doubt starts to rise, undercurrents of pain try to pull me under. My heart beats faster, trying to stay afloat. The smoke of once great passion, fills my nostrils and burns my lungs, my eyes see the life of love pass before me. The center of the storm brings a strange calm, the hurricane of pain swirls around me. Soon, the final wave of pain and suffering will surely see my love's demise. As I slip under the waves, my heart grows weary, then turns cold, then to stone. The hurricane of heartbreak soon subsides, the land of the heart is laid waste. Now, only dust is left for all to taste. The flames are gone, the heart is stone. Now, to rebuild and heal, is mine alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment