Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Awakening Love

The drumming cadence begins,
like the beat of the shaman's drum.
The chant of the soul
is as soft as a hum.
Blood begins to flow
steady through the veins,
as my soul lets go of the reins.
Soaring higher than the highest skies,
my heart beats faster as I look into your eyes.
Your smile, this is true beauty indeed.
Your love is all that I will ever need.
You take my hand,
and let me know that everything will be alright.
When we are apart,
you are my dream every night.
Without you, nothing ever seems right.
We walk side by side,
hand in hand.
When I look into your eyes,
I truly understand.
I understand what love means to me.
I understand that this is how life should be.
For when I'm with you,
I know that everything will be alright.
I know that when I hold you in my arms,
that this is what truly feels right.
Nothing else will ever do,
for nothing is worth existing without you.
You are reason, and you are rhyme.
You are my love, and you are my time.
For you give me breath, and you give me life.
When I look into your eyes, I forget all of my strife.
You bring me joy, and I no longer feel pain.
If it wasnt for you, life would be vain.
There would be no reason or wisdom if it wasn't for love.
Love is what sustains the universe, and the sky up above.
Life without love is a life not worth living.
Love is what inspires us, and makes a joy out of giving.
Love is something that you can only have if you give.
Love is the reason why we live.




1 comment:

  1. Gene, the blog is really starting to look good! keep up the great work. Nice poem, too! :)

    ReplyDelete