Thursday, January 10, 2013

I Stand Alone

The battle has raged and many were there,
bombs burst as the volleys flew through the air.
Many have fought and many fell,
so much wide spread destruction,
this truly must be hell.
Those who I thought were by my side
were actually the enemy, in a mask they hide.
They were stealthy and their ways were cunning,
they came as friends and were hard to see coming.
In the end the truth was known,
my enemies were slain and I stand alone.

Life is hard and sometimes I fall under the load,
always wandering down that dark and lonely road.
Love is gained and love is lost,
and friends will come and will go.
Some offer their support and help,
but what will be the cost?
No, I will my do best to stand on my own.
Because in reality I must rely upon myself,
in the end I stand alone.

When you see my scars and the lines in my face,
see me for who I am and put yourself in my place.
When you see the frown that I sometimes wear,
think for a few minutes as to why it's there.
I still fight with what's inside of me,
a warrior spirit is what you will see.
When life is over and they bury me below,
my epitaph will be..I stand alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment