Monday, May 6, 2013

The Wall In Your Eyes

As I gaze into your eyes
I see who you truly are
I see your soul deep inside
I see the love in your heart

In your eyes, I see the pain
Of recent love gone wrong
I see the walls built around your heart
Yes, the bricks used are very strong

But true love can break through
Bit by bit, tiny pieces start to fall
True love is the strength needed
Patience will break down the wall

In it's place will be my arms
Nothing can shake them
No one can cause you harm

Soon you will see
The sisters of fate watched
And they guided you to me

Your heart cried to me
through your eyes and tears
"Come take me away!
Calm my storm of fear!"

My eyes spoke to you silently
As I watched your tears fall
"Here I am, my love!
I will tear down that wall!"

3 comments:

  1. Moving and deeply felt. Thank you for your gift of words. Beautiful as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty nice, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete