Monday, May 6, 2013

At The Gates Of Forgiveness

I see the pain I caused you
I see the hurt in your eyes
I remember how I betrayed you
And how you saw through my lies

I left you for a lesser woman
Who I thought loved me
It was not who I thought she was
And love with her was not to be

But I came to you on bended knee
Asking for another chance
You heard my cry of sorrow
You saw how I paid the price
How I had no hope for tomorrow

You took pity on me and forgave me
Though you have another man
You deserve much better
Than what I ever gave

I'm sorry I caused you so much sorrow
Your friendship you freely give
It will be much brighter tomorrow
And you made me want to live

I thank you for your forgiveness
You truly are a queen
Your friendship is a gift
I am not worthy of your kindness
You still give my soul a lift



1 comment:

  1. I love this one!!!!! I have been in this place myself, sometimes an apology is all that is needed. Hope things work out for you.

    ReplyDelete