Friday, March 8, 2013

What Do You See?

What do you see when you look into my eyes?
Do you see only another face?
Or do you look deeper at the one behind the eyes?
Do you see my soul deep in this body?
Come, see who I am deep inside
I'll tell you of accomplishments
I'll tell you of children who give me pride
I'll tell you of sorrow and hardships
Yes there were struggles and strife
Sometimes it brought me to my knees
But then the good times came
And there was joy and peace
All these things made me who I am today
The wrinkles in my eyes
were caused by my many many tears
The lines in my face are from happiness
And the many smiles over the years
Listen and learn of my hopes and dreams
Learn as I tell you of all my fears
See how the lessons of life has taught me
To seek knowledge and wisdom
Throughout the many years
When you learn to look for these in all whom you see
Then when you look into my eyes
The real me is what you'll see

2 comments: