Wednesday, March 27, 2013

New Beginnings

Oh the pain that shot through my heart
When you said we were through
I never wanted us to part
Don't you know I still love you?
But a new day has dawned
And light will break free
Birth from death has spawned
Giving new life to me
I see with new eyes
The pain is almost gone
Now that I'm a bit more wise
It's time for me to move on
Though my heart still yearns for you
I will seek and find
New people for me to meet
But you will always be on my mind
I will always treasure the time we spent
In each other's arms at night
But as I turn the page again
My spirit will take flight
New realms of life that I never seen before
Another arch opens up for me
After you have slammed the door
Dont fret or worry about me
I will be alright
Just think fondly of me
And watch my soul take flight

1 comment: