Sunday, April 27, 2014

May I Have This Last Dance?

Throughout this life
From the time I was born
I danced the dance of life
My feet swept across the floor

As a child, I danced a silly dance
I would run, play, and laugh
But then I grew older
And soon that dance had passed

As a man, the dance had changed
Many times the beat was fast
Trials and tribulations wore me down
But I held strong until it had passed

I danced with my children
I watched them play and laugh
But now they have grown
And now dance their own path

A stranger tapped me on the shoulder
Her voice was sweet and clear
I thought I knew who she was
And my heart was struck with fear

"Do not fear me, you know who I am."
I turned and saw her amazing beauty
She asked, "may I have this last dance?"

As I gazed into her eyes
She reached and took my hand
"My name you already know"
"Let's dance across the skies!"

We waltzed across the stars
As we danced toward home
I realized I have died
I no longer have to roam

No comments:

Post a Comment